Adventures in Crunchy Christian Parenting

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Good Times with Salmonella

Does everyone remember a month or two back when Presley and I had a mystery stomach bug? No? Well, let me recap. A month or so ago Presley had a 2 day streak of projectile vomiting in which she couldn't keep anything down...not even breast milk. Prior to that I had suffered from a similar, yet less severe bug. We just assumed that I had caught something and passed it on to Presley. No biggie.

A few weeks later when I'm still being plagued by random bouts of nausea I go through a few boxes of pregnancy tests...ya know...just to be sure. All negative (Thank you God!). Then I realize that Caedmon had been sleeping a lot and complaining of stomach cramps here and there. Then, Presley started randomly puking again for no apparent reason. I assumed we had another minor bug. No biggie.

Fast forward to today. I hear of the recall of a batch of Peter Pan peanut butter do to a salmonella contamination. I decided to check the pantry just to be on the safe side and sure enough, we've got 2 jars from the contaminated lot. Not only do we have 2 jars but one of the jars is basically empty...only about a spoonful left in it. The other jar was about 2/3 full.

Well, that explains it.

Check your peanut butter peeps. Any jar of Peter Pan or Great Value that has the number 2111 on the lid needs to be tossed.

Comments:

<$CommentAuthorSaid$>

I've heard of dozens of people with this peanut butter. Yuck!!! Glad you found out what was going on though.

9:15 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< <$BlogItemHome$>