Adventures in Crunchy Christian Parenting

Monday, July 10, 2006

Some Days Are Really Rewarding

Presley didn't sleep at all last night. At. All. She spent the whole night screaming and nursing and then screaming some more. I'm not sure why, but that's not the point of this story.

So, at about 9 o'clock this morning Presley and I were sleeping soundly in the recliner as we had been doing since about 7 o'clock. At promptly 9am I was startled awake by the sound of the toilet lid slamming and Caedmon singing a little song as he went potty: "Mooooooommy, you've been a sleep for so long. Moooooooommy don't you want to get up. MoooOOOoooOOOoooOOOmmmmmmmmyyyyyyy." This serenade went on for a good 3 minutes.

When Caedmon finally emerged from the bathroom I explained to him that Mommy and Presley needed a little extra sleep today. I was expecting a fight but instead he bounded over to his coloring table with out a word.

A few minutes later he plopped a perfectly folded piece of computer paper in my lap. The outside had a big pink heart drawn on it (a shape he learned how to draw yesterday) and the back had my name (Momy). The inside had two M&M's (I don't know why) and Caedmon's name written in his "fancy" writing. The cutest thing I've ever seen.

Without waiting around for a response he bounded off to the kitchen and started making a major ruckus. After a few minutes of that he came back to the living room with a honey sandwich and a glass of OJ and ceremoniously handed them to me heralding them as my Valentines Day breakfast!

After marveling over the fact that he managed to make a sandwich and glass of juice on his own, I did inform him that it isn't, in fact, Valentines Day. "Mommy's Day?", he asked. Nope. "Oh, well...it's a special day...I know it is...OH! It's Family Clean Up, No Play Day!!", he said.

So today Caedmon has proclaimed that he will be cleaning and helping all day and won't play or watch TV at all. I don't understand it, but I'm not going to waste time questioning it. I'm just along for the ride!

So, being that I've spent the last three months smelling like baby barf and willing myself awake at all hours of the night, today was a very big payoff for me...even if it doesn't seem like much to anyone else.



Comments:

<$CommentAuthorSaid$>

Awww! I want to squeeze the little guy.

12:45 PM

 
<$CommentAuthorSaid$>

Awww...that's the sweetest thing I've heard all day.

9:20 PM

 
<$CommentAuthorSaid$>

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

4:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< <$BlogItemHome$>