Adventures in Crunchy Christian Parenting

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

To Clarify A Point Of Possible Confusion

In my previous post, I wasn't calling "them" Conservative Republican Christians, I was calling myself one. And, in doing so, was stereotyping no one. What I AM doing is giving an accurate representation of how my fellow Conservative Republican Christians treat me.

I have been told by my fellow Conservative Republican Christians that I have no right to call myself one. That they don't accept "hippies" into their fold. That I am, in fact, going against God (and, of lesser importance, the republican party) because I don't blindly follow the norms of society.

I've been called a hippy, a communist, a lunatic, and most revoltingly a democrat . Simply because I live outside the box. And all of this from the group of people I have chosen to align myself with.

So, am I blaming the Conservative Republican Christians for anything? No, I'm simply saying "Hey, I'm one of you. I'm on your team. Could you try not to be so judgemental of me, please?"

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< <$BlogItemHome$>