Adventures in Crunchy Christian Parenting

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Amanda's Horrible, Awful, No Good, Very Bad Week

Ok, so Kevin is walking Presley back and forth in the Library right now trying to afford me some time to post. So this will likely be short, sweet, and less than humorous.

So this week rocked. First off, it's become apparent that being pregnant with/giving birth to Presley has damaged my sciatic nerve. It's been bothering me off and on since she was born but this week the sciatica reached fever pitch. I've lost most of the strength in my right arm and leg and sitting in my recliner offers the most excrusiating pain imaginable. This is unfortunate as I'm confined to my recliner most of the day nursing Presley and, as an added bonus, I still sleep in my recliner due to the fact that my pelvis has not healed from the pregnancy. And that's why we call her Pelvis Presley.

Moving on.

After a day of gut wrenching sciatica, I awoke to find that I had come down with a nasty, nasty case of the stomach flu. We all took a fun trip to the Dr. to be given some meds that did nothing but make me drowsy which REALLY complicates the process of taking care of an infant.

It took 2 days for the flu to pass and I was down to just the knife in my sciatic nerve. But really, that's no fun right? I mean, that just makes life too easy. So, I awoke Saturday morning (the day I was supposed to attend not one, but two weddings) and my eye was completely swollen shut. Of course it was. I mean, that's what eyes are for right?

I thought maybe letting my eye rest for a day would make it better. How does one rest ones eye? I have no idea. So basically I ignored it on Saturday and it got worse. Duh.

So here we sit on Father's Day. We've been to the Family Health place that, thank God, was open today. I have some sort of nasty infection for which I was given drops. They said it could be TWO FLIPPING WEEKS before it clears up!

Good times.

Well, this was neither short, nor sweet. To make up for that I'll leave you with a picture of the super cool gift the kids and I made for Kevin:



And here's some pictures of Presley's uber cool Elivs diaper. An Elvis diaper people! Doesn't it make you all want to cloth diaper?! No? ok:



Comments:

<$CommentAuthorSaid$>

Praying for you! I love the Father's Day gift. I miss you. Let's chat soon!

7:57 AM

 
<$CommentAuthorSaid$>

I still love you.

2:41 PM

 
<$CommentAuthorSaid$>

PRAYING FOR YOU TOO WE ARE MOVING AND SO I KNOW HOW THAT GOES THE VERY BAD WEEK 7 1/2 MONTHS PREGNATE AND A 4 YEAR OLD WOOHOO! LOVE YA AMANDA O.

9:17 AM

 
<$CommentAuthorSaid$>

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

4:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< <$BlogItemHome$>